Park House Care (UK) Ltd is situated in a 17th Century detached Georgian house, set in an idyllic residential location in the gorgeous village of Winterborne St Martin. It is just minutes away from beautiful Dorchester, an historic market town in the county of Dorset.
Winterborne St Martin, commonly known as Martinstown, is a village and civil parish in Southwest Dorset, England. In the centre of the village is the parish church of St Martin, which dates from the 12th Century and has a Norman font. Other amenities in the village include a public house, village stores, a village hall and a farm shop.
Click here to view our Care Quality Comission (CQC) Ratings
Park House has a dedicated team to provide residential care for up to 20 residents, with 20 single rooms, 19 with En-suite facilities. The home is small enough to offer a truly homely atmosphere and believes wholeheartedly in the motto “Home is where the heart is”.
Park House Care (UK) Ltd is privately owned by Mr Stephen and Mrs Karen Cannie who have owned Park House since October 2006.
Mr James Ivers is the Registered Manager and Nominated Individual for the Care Home Service and has worked for Park House since January 2016. Prior to this James worked in our domiciliary care service as Deputy Manager from March 2013, however James continues in the role of Nominated Individual for the domiciliary care service.
Mrs Clare Clarke is the Assistant Manager for the Care Home Service and has worked for Park House since October 2011.
Ms Rachel Gray is the Registered Manager for the Domiciliary (Home Care Service) and has worked for Park House since September 2017.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the regulator of Park House Care (UK) Ltd, to see further information regarding the provider please clink on the link:
CQC overall rating is Good
Park House offers a wide range of quality Care Home services:
Long or Short Term Residence
Day Care (to include meals, refreshments and activities)
Person-centred Care Planning, to meet individual needs and requirements
Daily activity timetable provided - which also includes monthly visits from local entertainment teams
Weekly hairdresser visits
Podiatrist (6-8 weekly visits)
To see the report, CLICK HERE
CLICK to download a PDF copy of ourDomiciliary Care Statement
Park House offers a wide range of quality Home Care services:
Personal Care: mobility, washing and dressing, bathing, showering and continence support
Waking Nights and Sleeping Nights
Meal Arrangements: planning, preparation, assistance with eating if needed
Shopping Service: assisting with shopping, unpacking and putting away
Domestic Assistance: light house work, cleaning, laundry, ironing
Travel Assistance & Companionship: providing transport and company to and from appointments
Return from Hospital Support: assistance until you get back on your feet, cooking, shopping, cleaning etc.
Michelle GosneyHome Care Co-Ordinator
Michelle has been in the care profession since 1991 and at Park House since November 2014
She has a Level 3 Certificate
Please contact us for current job vacancies
HOME CARE: 01305 889027
Park House Care Home & Home Care ServiceMartinstown, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 9JN
CARE HOME: 01305 889420
Kelly Mitchell Registered Manager for the Care Home and Home Care
Kelly has been in the care profession since 1994 and has been at Park House since July 2011. She has a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care – Adults Residential Management.
(01305) 889420 or (01305) 889027
Click here to download an Application Form in PDF format
Park House Care Home is registered to accommodate a total of 20 residents. The registration category is Care Home for older people, with or without Dementia. We cater for both male and female residents over and above the age of 65. Nursing Care is NOT provided. The registration certificate is displayed in the main entrance hall of the home. The home is regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and reports can be read on website address www.cqc.org.uk or may be found at the local library in Dorchester.
Park House Home Care was established in December 2010 and registration was approved in July 2011.
Mrs Kelly Louise Mitchell is the Registered Manager for both Park House Care Home and Park House Home Care.
Clare ClarkeAssistant Manager for the Care Home
Clare has been in the care profession since 1998 and at Park House since October 2011. She has a Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and Management
TERMS & CONDITIONS...
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DOMICILIARY CARE 2019
1. Park House Care (UK) Ltd employs Care Workers to carry out tasks of a domestic and personal care nature for clients living in their own homes. Our primary objective is to provide the Client with the highest possible standard of care in accordance with our Statement of Purpose.
2. This service is also provided to Social Services Departments, Health Authorities and Trusts, Residential and Nursing Homes, Charitable and Voluntary Organisations and other bodies, for clients designated by such Organisations as requiring home care.
3. Care workers are employees of Park House Care (UK) Ltd and do not contract directly with the Client. Park House Care (UK) Ltd is registered with the Care Quality Commission and is not an introduction agency.
4. On being appointed by the Client, Park House Care (UK) Ltd not only provides care workers, it also provides continuing support and visiting at the request of the Client to assist with achieving the most satisfactory home care arrangements.
5. For the service it provides, Park House Care (UK) Ltd charges the client at an agreed rate (or, exceptionally, on a fixed price basis) for the amount of home care undertaken by the Care Worker.
6. Each Client appoints Park House Care (UK) Ltd to supply suitable Care Workers on the understanding that the contract for services between the Client and Park House Care (UK) Ltd is on a visit-by-visit basis only.
7. Park House Care (UK) Ltd will provide a full back up service in the unforeseen event of the non-arrival of a Care Worker. In the event of an emergency Park House Care (UK) Ltd provide an out of hours telephone service (07584197728) available 24 hours a day.
8. Park House Care (UK) Ltd reserves the right to vary your scheduled visit time by up to thirty minutes either side of the nominated visit time. This will allow for traffic conditions, staff sickness/ lateness, and other Client emergencies. You will receive telephone confirmation of your visit time should the variance exceed thirty minutes. A schedule of care visits will be posted to your home address each week, detailing visit times and assigned Care Workers for the following week.
9. Park House Care (UK) Ltd accepts that all the information which it holds concerning a client is held in confidence. No such information shall be divulged without the express consent of the Client or their authorised representative. Should Park House Care (UK) Ltd or a Care Worker need to speak to a third party, such as your doctor or district nurse, they will ask your permission before doing so, except in the case of an emergency.
10. All information held by Park House Care (UK) Ltd in respect of its care workers is confidential and will only be divulged to clients in exceptional circumstances, and then must be treated in the strictest confidence and not given to third parties.
11. The Client agrees to pay the charges invoiced by Park House Care (UK) Ltd, including any additional costs incurred by Park House Care (UK) Ltd or the Care Worker on behalf of the Client as agreed with the Client.
12. Park House Care (UK) Ltd will normally raise invoices every month for the previous months care. The exception to this is where clients have a large package of care of over £500.00 per month. Invoices will then be raised fortnightly.
13. Invoices are payable within seven days, unless other terms have been agreed in writing. Payment should only be made to Park House Care (UK) Ltd. Payments are not to be made directly to our Care Worker. Our standard method of payment is by standing order. Payment can also be made by BACS. Should you wish to pay by cheque there is a standard charge of £04.99 per cheque to cover banking and administration costs.
14. Park House Care (UK) Ltd reserves the right to charge 8.5% on any invoice sum outstanding after thirty days (30).
15. The invoice will state the number of hours supplied and the agreed charges.
16. Travelling expenses are chargeable to you the client at the rate of thirty pence per mile.
17. An annual review of fees takes place in November of each year and the client agrees to any such changes due to inflation or RPI (Retail Price Index), including increased fees should the Clients care needs change with effect of January 01st each year.
18. Bank holidays will be charged to the client at time and one half. Christmas day and New Year’s Day will be charged to the Clients at double time.
19. Where Clients require our emergency response service an additional charge of £50.00 will be applied. Emergency response is identified as services being required at less than forty-eight hours’ notice.
20. Where Clients require respite care an additional charge of £50.00 will be applied. Respite is identified as services being required for less than seven days.
21. The Client acknowledges that the rates charged by Park House Care (UK) Ltd may be subject to change. Any such changes will be notified in writing to the Client or their representative with a minimum of two weeks’ notice.
22. Clients will be charged a fee of £3000.00 plus an administration charge of £250.00 should they engage privately with any of Park House Care (UK) Ltd Care Workers / staff. This remains in force during their contract and for a period of twenty four months after any termination of contract.
23. Should a Client or their representative wish to cancel any particular visit or amend their planned care, they must give forty eight hours’ notice. This applies during office hours only. Cancellations out of office hours will still incur a charge (if less than forty-eight hours to visit). Regretfully, failure to give the necessary notice to the office will result in the normal charge being made as if the Care Worker had attended.
24. Should Client’s or their representatives need to cancel visits with immediate effect for any reason(s). Visits will be charged at the standard rate agreed until the end of the current scheduled week. Unless confirmed in writing by a member of Park House Care (UK) Ltd management.
25. In the event that a Client’s visit(s) are canceled for a period over seven days, a weekly charge equivalent to 50% of the Clients weekly care invoice will be charged to hold the visit time slot until the Client commences care again with Park House Care (UK) Ltd or the agreement is terminated.
26. In the event that a Client is admitted to hospital, a nursing home or residential home and it has been confirmed they will not be returning home a four week notice period will still be required. Four weeks’ notice of termination is not required should the Client be admitted to Park House Care (UK) Ltd Residential Home.
27. The entire Agreement between the Client and Park House Care (UK) Ltd may be terminated by either party giving four weeks written notice.
28. The Client accepts any risk of death or personal injury or any other loss or damage whatsoever caused by their negligence or breach of contract. Clients are advised to seek appropriate household insurance where care workers are working in their home.
29. In the unlikely event of any complaints please write to The Complaints Manager, Mrs. Kelly Mitchell, Park House Care (UK) Ltd, Park House, Martinstown, Dorset, DT2 9JN. All complaints are thoroughly investigated.